You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
Scott C. MacCallum
||3 months ago|
|COPYING||3 months ago|
|README.md||3 months ago|
|bboard.sh||3 months ago|
|com.sh||3 months ago|
|dotemacs||3 months ago|
SEID - SDF Emacs Interface and Documentation (unoffical)
Installation and use instructions for GNU/Linux and other Unix-like operating systems
The following is done from your local machine (yes, the one you are in front of now).
- If you have not already, setup secure shell key-based authentication to sdf.org.
- If you have not already, install Git.
- If you have not already, install Mosh.
- Clone the project to your home directory: git clone https://git.sdf.org/scm/seid.git.
- If you have one, make a backup copy of your .emacs file in your home directory: mv $HOME/.emacs $HOME/dotemacs.bak.
- Copy the dotemacs file in the seid directory to your home directory: cp $HOME/seid/dotemacs $HOME.
- Rename the dotemacs file in your home directory to .emacs: mv $HOME/dotemacs $HOME/.emacs.
- Make sure that the shell files in the seid directory are executable. If they are not: chmod +x $HOME/seid/*.sh.
- Run emacs.
- Switch to the SDF program buffer that is the program that you want to use. Example, to use the com, do: C-x b (that is Emacs notation for, while holding down the control key, press the x key, release the control key, press the b key), type com, press the enter key. Select other SDF programs e.g. bboard similarly.