strmem() was not very well thought out. The thing is the following:
If the string contains a zero character, we want to match it, and not
stop right there in place.
The "real" solution is to use memmem() where needed and replace all
functions that assume zero-terminated-strings from standard input, which
could lead to early string-breakoffs.
This requires a strict tracking of string lengths.
-s strip binary
-d create directory
-D create missing directories
-t DIR target directory
-m MODE permission bits
-o USER set owner
-g GROUP set group
Installed files are copied, and default mode is 755.
Signed-off-by: Mattias Andrée <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The logic is simple, it's just a pain in the ass to fill the
Some lines had to be commented out, as glibc/musl apparently
have not fully implemented the mandatory variables for the
2013 corrigendum of POSIX 2008.
Also added a manpage and the necessary entries in README.
I also removed it from the TODO.
We'll probably develop this outside of sbase. A simple script that
parses /etc/magic and generates magic.h would be sufficient.
The table can be huge and we do not want to bloat up binary size
only for file(1).
This is a particularly interesting program.
I managed to implement everything according to POSIX except how
octal escapes are specified in the standard, which is yet another
format compared to the one demanded for tr(1).
This not only confuses people, it also adds unnecessary cruft
for no real gain.
So in order to be able to use unescape() easily and for consistency,
I used our initial format \o[oo] instead of \0[ooo].
Marked as optional is UTF-8 support for %c in the POSIX specification.
Given how well-developed libutf has become, doing this here was more
or less trivial, putting us yet again ahead of the competition.
Not quite necessary to have this in sbase at the moment. We can do
a clean implementation when required.
This implementation also has some bugs that they have been fixed
in OpenBSD -current but I am too lazy to backport (we also had local
changes to col(1)).
printf(1) as imported from OpenBSD will stay for now because I need
it for booting my system.
Evan Gates says:
After writing my own test I checked and sbase already has test. I'm
including a patch to remove test from the TODO. I also noticed that
sbase's test handles a few specific cases incorrectly (documentation
test ! = foo
When there are 3 arguments and the second is a valid binary primary
test should perform that binary test. Only if the second argument is
not a valid binary primary and the first is ! should test negate the
two argument test. I've attached a patch that should fix this.
test ! ! !
test ! ! ! !
When there are 3 arguments and the second is not a valid primary and
the first is !, test should return the negation of the remaining two
argument test. In this case sbase's test works correctly for ! and ! !
but fails afterwards as it's not recursive. I don't yet have a patch
for this but I'm working on one.
Then again both of these areas may be places in which worse is better.